Login | Register

RoboZZle Forums

Forums / Puzzles / Replication Engine

Thread for puzzle Replication Engine. Hints are OK, but please no full solutions.

Are you trying to give me cancer

raphdevataeh, 16 months ago.

Are you trying to give me cancer

raphdevataeh, 16 months ago.

My solution was F1: F2 Right Right F1, F2: Straight (Blue)F2 (Red)Right (Red)F4 (Green)F3 (Green)Right Straight PaintBlue, F3: Right Straight Straight Straight Straight, F4: F2 PaintRed Left

erikkonstas's comment after solving the puzzle, 26 months ago.

My great respect to the author of this puzzle. It is Excellent in every thing.

drmazhar's comment after solving the puzzle, 37 months ago.

100th like! wow this took a lot longer because of the painful code reuse... jesus effing christ, every reorganization of the code turned out one slot too much.. until I got it with 2 free slots!

chillu's comment after solving the puzzle, 49 months ago.

You just had to reuse that 4th (and 5th) red tile, didn't you? My robot gets confused when it encounters a red tile that it already painted earlier, resulting in it falling off the map after painting half of the second column.

wallacoloo, 73 months ago.

Youtube-featured puzzle - accomplished!

masterluk's comment after solving the puzzle, 76 months ago.

finally! the function space is tight, so i was struggling to make it fit for a while...

foerno, 79 months ago.

snydej rocks!!

red_sin's comment after solving the puzzle, 90 months ago.

Man, the feel u get after solving, priceless :')

kirarpit's comment after solving the puzzle, 91 months ago.

Finally I solved after few days trying. :) I do not paint blue the green tiles corresponding to the first one, as in the demo. I also have 2 slots free. Looking for the 19 slots solution.

shaggy12's comment after solving the puzzle, 102 months ago.

Nice puzzle. :-D

mawek's comment after solving the puzzle, 104 months ago.

Great puzzle... I was gonna say it's obvious (and the basic idea IS), but there was a little trick when going into the second... thingy :) (at first I was painting the top tile blue and I couldn't go back :))

Pulni4kiya, 107 months ago.

If you have silverlight not installed, the browser shows youtube video containing this puzzle. That video helped me to solve the puzzle, but my solution differs (and I think my one shorter :-))

hilbert's comment after solving the puzzle, 110 months ago.

Great puzzle. Definitely one of my favorite puzzles to show to new players as a demonstration of challenges encountered later in the game

trango's comment after solving the puzzle, 111 months ago.

Finally solved this in about 2 hours. Have one empty slot. Basic idea is fairly obvious, but implementing it is very hard. Love this puzzle!! Spoiler hint: F1: F2, turn, turn, F1

lion37, 114 months ago.

My 19 solution was an accident, and I had to trace steps to see how it actually worked. I did something different this time than my previous attempts. Red did not interrupt the normal flow...

dabomb4eve's comment after solving the puzzle, 115 months ago.

My 19 solution was an accident.

dabomb4eve's comment after solving the puzzle, 115 months ago.

@arkangelsk1: My first solution (length 20) didn't paint replication of starting position. But after optimization it paints.

Smylic, 118 months ago.

Great puzzle, but not my favourite. I would have preferred a moderate Replication Engine with a slot-sequence of 4-9-7-2 or 4-6-7-6.

kraker, 124 months ago.

Previous page (1 / 2) Next page

©2009 Igor Ostrovsky and other contributors. Terms of use